Profile image for elsawill

Not sure if I can keep it up but I have given up chocolate for Lent.
That's galaxy, choclate peanuts and oh my goodness choclate finger biscuits!
Wish me luck and roll on Easter
Anyone else giving up something for Lent?

By elsawill at 20:35 on 25/02/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Homebird1990

Dear Cleethorpes Community!

I have been reading a few of your posts and it is really heartening to see a local community so actively engaged in discussion and debate on the places and spaces they live and occupy. If you are interested in a dialogue about where you live and what you'd like to see there, please read on, if not, no worries.

I am a third year architecture student at the University of Sheffield and I am currently looking at designing a building of a facilitatory nature in Cleethorpes.

A facilitatory space for the community, and a facility to re-engage with the with the perhaps currently abstracted and intangible route for regeneration in your area.

Of course, I could not design such a building without an active understanding of what your community would requires, and desires. I would love to speak to some of you and with your participation, aim to use your opinions and perceptions as an integral driver for the project.

The area I am looking at is adjacent to the gardens and directly opposite Dolphin Gardens on Alexandra Road. I am currently exploring the design of a small scale intervention where tourists and residents alike collide and engage with one another.

Where your help is needed is simply in your opinions, speculations and thoughts on this area as it stands, to see what you would like to see and what you think this site needs, in a short questionnaire.

The results would be used in graphic illustrations, and the consequent project I would be delighted to share with you to continue a conversation about the wider issue of regeneration and the closer look at the area around the site.

If you are willing to participate, I would be delighted. I eagerly await your responses.

Kind regards,

Sogand

By Homebird1990 at 01:17 on 01/03/12

• Profile image for Homebird1990

Sorry about that I do appear to have posted in the wrong box! But if it helps I have given up Haribo Tangfastics!

By Homebird1990 at 01:22 on 01/03/12

• Profile image for elsawill

I admit it! I succombed last night and ate not one, not two but THREE Ferrero Rocher!
    I found them in a draw left over form Christmas!
    Will I be forgiven?

By elsawill at 10:40 on 06/03/12

• Profile image for rea55

Oh dear, well at least I'm still not smoking. Can't see myself starting again as I feel much better and my chest is clearer.

Glyn

By rea55 at 17:11 on 06/03/12

Well done to you rea55 - I feel really bad about eating those chocolates. Still today's another day - I just hope there are no more Ferrero Rocher waiting to jump out at me!

By elsawill at 17:19 on 06/03/12

Haribo Tangfastics! How did you manage that Homebird1990! lol

I just love chocolate - do they do chocolate-covered Haribo Tangfastics

By elsawill at 17:37 on 06/03/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent